SAFETY DATA SHEET
Basic information concerning MSDS
1. According to the Slovak Chemical Act No. 67/2010 Coll. § 6 (1), the
suppliers of a substance or a mixture are requested to provide Material Safety
Data Sheet (MSDS) to the National Toxicological Information Centre (NTIC).
2. The NTIC is a poison centre with a legal status of an official advisory body
in Slovakia according to the Article 45 of CLP regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008
3. The NTIC emergency phone number is available for 24 hours a day and is
aimed to be used by medical personnel as well as general public to contact the
NTIC in case of acute intoxications.
4. Notification of MSDS towards the NTIC as well as a availability of the NTIC
emergency phone number in MSDS is currently free of charge.
5. The supplier is required to provide MSDS to the NTIC latest by the date the
product distribution or sale starts on Slovak market.
6. All the members of a supplier chain of the same product should provide MSDS
to the NTIC or at least to one member of the chain.
7. Manufacturer placing detergent product on the market is obliged to provide
the ingredient datasheet to the NTIC as stipulated in the Annex VII C of the
detergent regulation (No 648/2004/EC)
8. All the provided documents have to be translated into national (Slovak)
9. Person who has prepared MSDS is responsible for its content. To confirm the
accuracy of MSDS content is not the assignment of the NTIC. The NTIC is not
responsible for the accuracy of MSDS content provided.
10. MSDS, Ingredient Data Sheet for detergent, should be supplied via email
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post on CD.
11. The NTIC confirms the reception of MSDS by replaying via email.
12. In case of any modification in MSDS, suppliers are supposed to send an
updated MSDS in 30 days.
13. If the delivery of the product in Slovakia has already been interrupted, the
supplier does not need to notify the NTIC.
14. The NTIC may only use the information provided in MSDS for reasons
stipulated in the Article 45 of CLP regulation (EC) No 1272/2008, thus
maintaining the confidentiality of the information received.
For further details, please visit the section Centre for Chemical Substances and
Preparations at www.mhsr.sk